The purpose of this role is to manage and grow the existing South Africa Team. This challenging but very rewarding role requires input into all aspects associated with leading a small, specialist, business within the Aurecon Group undertaking facade consultancy delivery on large, international-class project.
Department: Building Structures
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
The successful applicant will manage and grow the existing facade department, based in the Rivonia - Johannesburg. Reporting to the Global Facade Leader the Principal Facade Consultant / Associate will be responsible for:
- Sales and marketing of the facade department and Aurecon in general - generating new clients and contacts and maintaining existing clients.
- Bidding of new projects both facade-stand-alone and as part of a multi-disciplinary group. Provide technical scope for the bid and pricing information and follow up as required.
- With support from the other Senior Team Members, manage technical excellence within the facade department and control Aurecon risk associated with technical documents submitted.
- Provide technical input at project level (direct generation of reports, specifications, submission reviews�etc) and at review level (technical checks of documents produced by other members of the team).
- Prepare monthly project invoices and take responsibility for cash collection.
- Recruit, develop and train facade staff members and provide a forum for them to learn and grow.
The Principal Facade Consultant / Associate will be the main interface between The Client and Aurecon on facade-related items and as such must possess good interpersonal skills, have a broad working knowledge of all aspects of facade design, manufacture and installation and be able to deliver a commission to a defined programme and budget by managing Client expectation and resources available.
Typical works undertaken by the team will include:
- Input into project bids / tenders / pre-tenders
- Liaison with The Client in negotiating fees
- Project set up following award using company systems
- Monitoring and reporting on project status (financial, programme, resource and Client satisfaction) using prescribed tools and procedures
Working with The Architect and Aurecon Team to develop schematic level details, calculations and reports on a facade system to suit the required aesthetic, building type, building use and local climate, providing budgetary advice where necessary
Working with the architect and Aurecon Team to develop the design and specification of the facade system to a stage that it can be used by the architect to generate details for tender of the facade package
- Liaison with The Client or other project consultants concerning any issues relating to the facade scope or commission
- Review and comment on potential facade contractor tender information to confirm compliance with the contract documents
- Checking and commenting on facade contractors system calculations and system shop drawings
- Attendance at mock up testing, reporting on results of same
- Factory inspection of fa�ade manufacture
- Site inspections of fa�ade installation
- Generation of concise, clear, accurate written reports on the above and related issues
- A broad range of projects will be undertaken with varying levels of complexity.
- Travel to the countries in which the project is to be constructed and where Clients are based will be required on a short term visiting basis as part of this role.
Human Capital Recruitment Consultant at Aurecon.